I’m posting this link from one of my favorite sources, Mark Sisson, Author of The Primal Blueprint .
If you feel like you’re on the wrong path, or just have lost site of the road, take some time to read this.
We all have times in our life when our well intentioned plans to eat healthy, exercise or reduce stress takes a back seat and motivation is difficult to find. Our human nature tells us to take the path of least resistance, which is why it can be so difficult to keep up, or even start healthy habits.
I happen to know this feeling well as I’m currently trying to stay on my path. I’m not completely lost and I know the direction I’m heading, but I’m definitely a little off course. It’s just a fact, sometimes “life” can derail us. Maybe it’s a new schedule, or an illness, or job stress...or your teenagers...Can you relate??
I hope these topics give you some guidance to getting your groove back..or at least pointing you in the right direction!
Here are highlights, but I encourage you to read the whole post. There's lots of goodies in there!
- Invest in Your Self Concept
- Be cognizant of-and prepared to work around-the possibility that you may have fundamentally changed
- Do several small things rather than one big thing each day
- Engage with people who are living the life you want
- Pay tribute to the successes and have fun along the way
- Embrace the mindset of self-actualization – and take time deciding how you want to live that right now