Being healthy isn’t only about eating organic or gluten free. There are so many other components in our life that accumulate and cause us to be unhealthy or out of balance. While food plays a significant role in our health, it's equally important to address other factors, such as:
- The stress we carry in our daily lives that we don’t realize is taking a toll on our health
- The sleep we know we need but just can’t seem to get
- The relationships we wish we had the time and patience to nurture
- The ability to see the ‘big picture’
- Discovering what brings peace to our life
- The exercise we swear we will do but just don’t seem to make time for
All of these factors need to be addressed when looking at making lasting, meaningful change in your life!
- Do you want to feel confident in your clothes and in your own body?
- Improve your relationships with your spouse, partner, friends and co-workers?
- Feel fulfilled and satisfied when you eat?
- Have more energy to do the things you enjoy
- Have the knowledge to know WHAT to eat?
Focus on making changes that work for YOU and your lifestyle! When we are honest with ourselves, commit to creating change, and start eating the right foods, our healthy body and mind will flourish!
Throughout my Nutrition education, I have been taught just about every dietary theory that is out there. From Raw Food, to Paleo and everything in between. What I have learned is that we all have a different biological make up. One person might thrive from eating a certain way while someone else may not be able to tolerate the same diet. Bio-individuality is about finding what works for YOU! What foods work for your body type, and lifestyle. There is no magic pill, no perfect cleanse and no quick fix.
Sustaining weight loss, and being healthy in body and mind takes time. It probably took you many years to accumulate those pounds and that stress in your life. It will take you time to reverse it. Be patient and remember that creating lasting change in your life is about making small changes that will eventually lead to a sustainable, healthy lifestyle! I would love to help you on your journey, no matter where you're starting from.
Click here to join my free Facebook group, Everyday Healthy Habits!